Please read through the following information before registering for 2021-2023 KINDLE: Finishing Well. You will find the registration and payment links at the bottom of this page.
THE FINISHING WELL EXPERIENCE
This exciting two-year learning cycle, plus a “year after” virtual experience, is designed to inspire and equip you to implement processes and relationships inside and outside of your congregation that will foster and multiply Christ-like servant leaders. At the same time, KINDLE: Finishing Well will help you to create a Ministry Area Cultivation Map that will inspire and focus you as you serve in these latter years of ministry.
The KINDLE: Finishing Well Learning Cycle includes four in-person Learning Events. It is imperative that you block your calendar for four learning events. Being a KINDLE: Finishing Well participant means you attend the entire learning event! The learning events are held at the Conference Center of the University of St. Mary of the Lake in Mundelein, Illinois.
The Learning Cycle will meet on the following dates:
- September 20-23, 2021
- January 31-February 3, 2022
- September 26-29, 2022
- February 27-March 2, 2023
Each Learning Event begins at 5:00 p.m. on Monday and concludes by 12:00 noon on Thursday.
Supplementing the four learning events will be weekly virtual support and accountability calls with your Legacy Circle. Additionally, your Legacy Circle will engage in a “year after” experience that includes six online connections, designed to provide you with ongoing support, learning, and accountability with this group who understands one another’s ministry, and prayerfully seeks to encourage one another’s efforts to leave a congregational-based legacy of fostering and multiplying Christ-like servant leaders.
As a KINDLE: Finishing Well Associate, you are committing to:
- Participate fully in the four learning events during the two-year Learning Cycle plus the six “year after” conference calls.
- Purchase and read assigned learning materials.
- Have access, and the ability, to use the internet, chat rooms and other electronic modalities, such as Zoom, Google Hangout, etc.
- Pursue a growth plan designed to deepen your capacity to be a Christ-like servant leader.
- Be a positive, open, regular participant in your weekly legacy circle calls.
- Develop and live out your Ministry Area Cultivation Map.
- Equip other leaders for ministry in their congregation, home, workplace, and community.
- Organize and lead, during the two -ear learning cycle, at least one servant leader gathering experience in each of the four quarters, and at least one servant leader cluster in three of the quarters.
- Launch a servant leader development process in your ministry area(s).
- Respond quickly to requests for assessment and evaluation of Finishing Well-related activities.
- Support KINDLE financially and by public testimony.
- Pray for KINDLE, the Finishing Well training team, and your Finishing Well colleagues.
Because of the intimate, and process-oriented, learning design, KINDLE: Finishing Well enrollment is limited to no more than 20 participants in a Learning Cycle.
- Early registration (January 15-March 31, 2021) is $4,000.
- Regular registration (April 1-May 15, 2021) is $4,300.
- A deposit of $300 is due with your online registration.
- The final registration deadline is May 15, 2021.
Payment of Registration Fee
KINDLE offers three options for the payment of the remainder of the registration fees:
- Full balance due on August 15, 2021
- 50% due on August 15, 2021 and August 15, 2022
- 25% due on August 15, 2021, January 15, 2022, August 15, 2022, and January 15, 2023
The registration fee includes all program expenses, materials, lodging, and meals during the learning events. It does not include: transportation to and from each learning event and the purchase of required study materials (i.e., books), which are the responsibility of the participant.
Through the generosity of KINDLE supporters, KINDLE is able to offer the 2021-2023 Finishing Well learning cycle at the reasonable registration fee of $4,000 (early pricing) and $4,300 (regular pricing). This fee includes all the learning modules, coaching, networking, housing and meals during the learning cycle.
KINDLE acknowledges that even this amount can be challenging for church workers and their congregations to afford. Previous Finishing Well Associates have been able to fund their experience through combinations of congregational funds, personal funds, district funds, LCEF funds, support from individual church members, etc. We encourage you to explore all options.
We are pleased to offer a limited number of grants to help you participate in this valuable learning experience that will help you to grow and to help others grow as Christ-like Servant Leaders.
Grants will be offered on a first come, first served basis. Since grant funding is limited, please apply only if you truly need the assistance. Please submit this form by May 1, 2021.
Cancellation requests must be received by August 15, 2021. Refunds for cancellation will be processed with $100 of the deposit remaining with KINDLE to cover administrative costs. After August 15, 2021, the entire deposit will remain with KINDLE.
Recognizing the large financial investment which is necessary to provide this high-level educational experience, the loss of a participant is felt financially as well as within the learning community. If a KINDLE Associate withdraws after the first Learning Event has taken place, the KINDLE Associate and the congregation will be responsible for all remaining unpaid registration fees as agreed upon via the Financial Commitment Form.
External Support Keeps Registration Fee Low
As a result of gracious gifts from individual donors and various organizations, particularly LCMS congregations, its own endowment , living legacies, KINDLE is able to keep the registration fee at $4,300 rather than the approximate $7,500 per participant cost. KINDLE is grateful to all of these individuals and groups, especially to Wheat Ridge Ministries, who provided a generous start-up grant, and to Thrivent Financial whose remarkable support over the past decade has enabled KINDLE to innovate in ways that enhance the ministry of congregations in their communities and the world.
1. Complete your registration information here.
2. Submit a deposit of $300 (due with your online registration) online here or by check to KINDLE, 8608 Poplar Bridge Curve, Bloomington, MN 55437.
3. Complete a one-page statement that addresses the following three questions; each in 50 words or less:
- Describe how you envision your next five-to-ten years of public ministry unfolding.
- Outline what more you would like to learn about being a Christ-like servant leader.
- Outline your current efforts to create a consistent leadership development process in your ministry areas (if you have not created or attempted one, simply state that as the case).
4. Submit two recommendations. One is to be from your current pastor and the other is to be from a congregation leader in your ministry are (other than a staff member). Give these individuals this link to submit their recommendations online: https://airtable.com/shr0qTXA0SGo6BCjQ
5. If needed, please submit this form no later than May 1, 2021 to apply for a grant.
Thank you for registering for 2021-2023 KINDLE: Finishing Well!
If you have any questions, please contact Diane Schuessler, KINDLE Operations Coordinator at diane@KINDLEservantleaders.org or 952-657-5664.