Please read through the following information before registering for 2023 Next Callings.
You will find the registration and payment links at the bottom of this page.
THE NEXT CALLINGS EXPERIENCE
The Next Callings learning experience includes one in-person Learning Event. It is vital that you block your calendar to be present from 5pm Monday, September 25 through 12pm Thursday, September 28, 2023. The learning events are held at the Conference Center of the University of St. Mary of the Lake in Mundelein, Illinois.
After the September 2023 learning event, you will be part of weekly calls with your learning circle (small group) for additional learning, support, and accountability. These circles meet online, usually via Zoom, from October 2023 – May 2024, with breaks in December and during Holy Week.
As a Next Callings participant, you are committing to:
- Participate fully in the September 2023 learning event.
- Be a positive, open, regular participant in your weekly one-hour Learning Circle Calls from October – May. Prepare for call.
- Create a Post-Retirement Vision presentation to be shared with your Next Callings community.
- Equip members of your congregation who are 50+ for their Next Callings with adaptable processes and tools provided by KINDLE.
- Respond quickly to requests for assessment and evaluation of Next Callings-related activities.
- Pray for KINDLE, the Next Callings training team, and your Next Callings colleagues.
- $1,200 ($1,595 value. First year discount)
- A deposit of $125 is due with your online registration. Balance is due August 15, 2023.
- The final registration deadline is July 1, 2023.
The registration fee includes all program expenses, materials, as well as lodging and meals during the learning events. It does not include transportation to and from each learning event.
Scholarships Are Available
Through the generosity of KINDLE supporters, KINDLE is able to offer the first Next Callings learning experience at the reasonable registration fee of $1,200.
KINDLE acknowledges that even this amount can be challenging for church workers and their congregations to afford. Other KINDLE participants have been able to fund their experience through combinations of congregational funds, personal funds, district funds, LCEF funds, support from individual church members, etc. We encourage you to explore all options.
We are pleased to offer a limited number of scholarships to help you participate in this valuable learning experience. Scholarships will be offered on a first come, first served basis. Please be sure to complete the additional scholarship form.
Because of the intimate, and process-oriented, learning design, Next Callings enrollment is limited to no more than 20 participants.
Cancellation requests must be received prior to August 15, 2023. Refunds for cancellation will be processed with the $125 application fee remaining with KINDLE to cover administrative costs. After August 15, 2023, the Next Callings participant and the congregation will be responsible for all remaining unpaid registration fees. You will also be asked to fill out a Financial Commitment form after you register for the event.
Ready to register?
1. Complete your registration information here. Please note that the registration form needs to be completed in one sitting. Be prepared to answer the following: Describe how you envision your years of public ministry unfolding between now and your retirement from public ministry.
2. Submit a deposit of $125 (due with your online registration) online here or by check to KINDLE, 8608 Poplar Bridge Curve, Bloomington, MN 55437.
3. If needed, please submit this form with your registration to apply for a scholarship.
Thank you for registering for 2023 Next Callings!
If you have any questions, please contact Diane Schuessler, KINDLE Operations Coordinator at diane@KINDLEservantleaders.org or 952-657-5664.