This two-year program engages second chair ministry leaders who have four or more years of experience serving in a congregational setting. It features four in-depth learning events, interactive learning circles of 5-6 people coached by veteran mentor church workers, and powerful resources that encourage personal growth and development of others as intentional, Christ-like servant leaders.
How will Classic KINDLE benefit you?
Classic KINDLE provides you with resources, processes, and tools to create and establish an intentional Christ-like servant leader development process in your congregation, home, workplace, community, and the world—wherever God has planted you! You’ll also develop relationships with other like-minded professionals and receive support and encouragement for your ministry. Classic KINDLE is a marvelous opportunity for those seeking to be challenged to grow further as a productive, resourceful congregational professional who desires to be a Christ-like servant leader and who seeks to prepare those he or she serves to also foster and multiply Christ-like servant leaders.
When you participate in Classic KINDLE, the congregation and those you serve will gain a staff member who is:
- A healthier, more intentional Christ-like servant leader.
- Establishing an ongoing Christ-like servant leader development process within their ministry area.
- Implementing resources for creating generations of Christ-like servant leaders, both inside and outside of the congregation.
- Able to coach lay leaders in their pursuit of a Christ-like servant leader growth plan.
- Focusing their ministry area on Christ-like servant leadership in the congregation, home, workplace, and community.
Who should participate in Classic KINDLE?
Classic KINDLE is generally designed for second chair ministry leaders serving in a congregational setting who:
- Desire to mature as a Christ-like servant leader.
- Have at least five years of full-time, remunerated ministry experience in a congregational setting.
- Serve with a supportive pastoral teammate.
- Are self-directed learners eager to develop others as Christ-like servant leaders.
How does Classic KINDLE work?
Classic KINDLE uses a 2-year learning cycle that includes:
- Four learning events at a retreat center. Single occupancy rooms and meals are provided during the event.
- Weekly contact with a learning cluster of 5-6 people, facilitated by veteran KINDLE Associates currently serving in Congregations.
- Small and large group experiences led by you in your ministry area, based on KINDLE’s resource materials. Training and materials for these experiences are provided by KINDLE.
The desired outcome is that you will impact lay people in your ministry area in a way that deepens their commitment to Christ-like servant leadership. There are four major emphases, the KINDLE Strands, that are at the heart of the KINDLE process, and which strengthen the church worker’s effectiveness in their pursuit of being a Christ-like servant leader:
- Cultivating Faith
- Cultivating Health
- Cultivating Individuals
- Cultivating Groups
- Early Registration open now through March 1, 2024: $4,800
- Regular Registration: $5,200 (Registration closes May 15, 2024)
- Includes lodging & meals.
- Payment plans and financial scholarships available.
- You are responsible for your own travel expenses to and from the events.
- September 23-26, 2024
- February 3-6, 2025
- September 29-October 2, 2025
- February 9-12, 2026
- All events take place at the University of St. Mary of the Lake Conference Center, Mundelein, Illinois