Please read through the following information before registering for 2024-2026 Classic KINDLE. You will find the registration and payment links at the bottom of this page.
The Classic KINDLE Experience
Classic KINDLE engages you in a two-year process that deepens your commitment to be a Christ-like servant leaders and further equips you to multiply such servant leaders in your ministry area.
The Classic KINDLE learning cycle includes four in-person Learning Events. It is imperative that you block your calendar for all four learning events. Being a Classic KINDLE participant means you attend the entire learning event. Learning events are held at the Conference Center of the University of St. Mary of the Lake in Mundelein, Illinois.
The 2023-2025 Learning Events are scheduled as follows:
- September 23-26, 2024
- February 3-6, 2025
- September 29-October 2, 2025
- February 9-12, 2026
Each Learning Event begins at 5:00 p.m. on Monday and concludes by 12:00 noon on Thursday.
During the Learning Cycle, you will be also involved in a Christ-like Servant Leader Learning Circle of peers that is led by a seasoned Circle Coach. When not meeting face-to-face, these Learning Circles continue their learning processes through weekly video chats guided by their Coach.
As a Classic KINDLE Associate, you are committing to:
- Participate fully in the four four-day learning events during the two-year Learning Cycle;
- Purchase and read assigned learning materials;
- Have access and the ability to use the internet, chat rooms, and other electronic modalities; such as Zoom, Google Meet, etc.
- Pursue a growth plan designed to deepen your capacity to be a Christ-like servant leader;
- Be a positive, open, regular participant in your Christ-like servant leader circle;
- Equip other leaders for ministry in their congregation, home, workplace, and community.
- Organize and lead a congregational servant leader cluster during the four quarters of the Learning Cycle;
- Organize and lead a ministry area Servant Leader Gathering during each of the four quarters of the Learning Cycle.
- Launch a servant leader development process in your ministry area(s);
- Respond quickly to requests for assessment and evaluation of Classic KINDLE-related activities;
- Support KINDLE financially and by public testimony; and
- Pray for KINDLE, the Classic KINDLE training team, and follow Classic KINDLE Associates.
Because of the intimate and process-oriented learning design, Classic KINDLE enrollment is limited to no more than 20 participants in a Learning Cycle.
- Early registration (Open now through March 1, 2024): $4,800.
- Regular registration: $5,200 (closes May 15, 2024)
- A deposit of $300 is due with your online registration.
Payment of Registration Fee
KINDLE offers three options for the payment of the remainder of the registration fees:
- Full balance due on August 15, 2024
- 50% due on August 15, 2024 and August 15, 2025
- 25% due on August 15, 2024, January 15, 2025, August 15, 2025, and January 15, 2026
The registration fee includes all program expenses, materials, lodging, and meals during the learning events. It does not include: transportation to and from each learning event and the purchase of required study materials (e.g., books), which are the responsibility of the participant.
Through the generosity of KINDLE supporters, KINDLE is able to offer the 2024-2026 Classic KINDLE learning cycle at the reasonable registration fee of $4,800 (early pricing) and $5,200 (regular pricing). This fee includes all the learning modules, coaching, networking, housing, and meals during the learning cycle.
KINDLE acknowledges that even this amount can be challenging for church workers and their congregations to afford. Previous Classic KINDLE Associates have been able to fund their experience through combinations of congregational funds, personal funds, district funds, LCEF funds, support from individual church members, etc. We encourage you to explore all options.
We are pleased to offer a limited number of scholarships to make this learning experience accessible to the greatest number of 2nd chair ministry leaders. Please submit the additional form with your online application by May 15, 2024 to apply for these funds.
Cancellation requests must be received by August 15, 2024. Refunds for cancellation will be processed with $100 of the deposit remaining with KINDLE to cover administrative costs. After August 15, 2024, the entire deposit will remain with KINDLE.
Recognizing the large financial investment which is necessary to provide this high-level educational experience, the loss of a participant is felt financially as well as within the learning community. If a KINDLE Associate withdraws after the first Learning Event has taken place, the KINDLE Associate and the congregation will be responsible for all remaining unpaid registration fees as agreed upon via a Financial Commitment Form that you will be asked to return.
External Support Keeps Registration Fee Low
As a result of gracious gifts from individual donors and various organizations, particularly LCMS congregations, its own endowment and living legacies, KINDLE is able to keep the registration fee at $5,200 rather than the approximate $7,500 per participant cost. KINDLE is grateful to all of these individuals and groups, especially to Wheat Ridge Ministries, who provided a generous start-up grant, and to Thrivent Financial whose remarkable support over the past decade has enabled KINDLE to innovate in ways that enhance the ministry of congregations in their communities and the world.
1. Complete your registration information here.
2. Submit a deposit of $300 (due with your online registration) online here or by check to KINDLE, 8608 Poplar Bridge Curve, Bloomington, MN 55437.
3. Complete a one-page statement that addresses the following three questions; each in 50 words or less:
- Describe a situation when you helped someone grow as a Christ-like servant leader.
- Outline your current efforts to create a consistent leadership development process in your ministry area(s) (if you have not created or attempted one, simply state that as the case).
- What is the biggest struggle you face in developing other Christ-like servant leaders?
4. Submit two recommendations. One is to be from your current pastor and the other is to be from a congregation leader in your ministry are (other than a staff member). Give these individuals this link to submit their recommendations online: https://airtable.com/shrzCGWDSDYSvZSBO
5. If needed, please submit this form no later than May 15, 2024 to apply for a scholarship.
Thank you for registering for 2024-2026 Classic KINDLE!
If you have any questions, please contact Diane Schuessler, KINDLE Operations Coordinator at diane@KINDLEservantleaders.org or 952-657-5664.